Monday, August 22, 2016

11 Ways to Make Your Dorm Feel Like Home!

11 Ways to Make Your Dorm Feel Like Home!

I loved decorating my dorm room to feel like home, it was easy and didn't cost way to much. I'm so thankful for my roommate, parents, and everyone else who helped make this dorm look so amazing! One of the main thing to remember is to reuse old items that you already have!


1. Paintings! 
 Painting make the dorm feel cozy and like home! I made these with left over wood from the desk hutches my dad helped me make. I used scrap book paper to cover them with modge pouge and I made the letters with my circuit!  I love having bible verses around my dorm to inspire me through the year!

2. More Paintings!




3. A desk hutch!

Desk hutches are great to go over the desk and give you plenty of places to put everything!
My Dad helped me make this desk hutch from wood from Home Depo.



4. Lights 
  
These lights from Target made my dorm look so bright and like home! 2 strands of 25 lights did the perfect job!



5. Pillows

I ordered adorable throw pillows covers from the wish app. They were cheap and all I  needed to do to them was to add stuffing to them!

6. A Bed Skirt

The Bed Skirt made my bed look so nice! It was made from a fabric shower liner from Walmart and held up with a shower curtain tension rod!

7. Head Boards 

These head boards were made with fabric from old shower curtains used in my last dorm room. The old fabric was used to cover a piece of ply wood the size of the bed to make the head board. 


8. Door Decor!

This door decoration was super easy! I covered the bulletin board with wrapping paper from hobby lobby and ribbon. The dots and koala were made with my cricut. Adding pictures also makes the door  super cute!

8. A Bulletin Board 

Luckily my dorm room came with a bulletin board. I covered it with wrapping paper, ribbon, and a banner I made with my Cricut!

9. A kitchen area! 

This kitchen was super easy to do! It is made with wooden crates from Michael's!




10. Storage

This organizer is from Walmart, since my bathroom is a little small this organizer is great for bathroom supplies, cleaning supplies, and anything else you might want to store! 

11. Find Friends and Find a Church!

One of the easiest ways I found last year to feel at home was to find friends who had things in common with me through clubs and classes. Another way was to find friends at church near your new college home to help and encourage you through the year!

Enjoy Your School Year!





1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I just love your wonderful creativity and how you decorated your room. Thanks for sharing with us how you made everything. Some cool ideas and excellent way to recycle new life into old items. I really like what you did around the fridge and the panoramic shot is great.

    ReplyDelete